Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Gable Painter is a cool dude! Many Thanks!

Well, I just spent the past two days with Gable Painter of GP Restoration out of Richmond Virgina. He knows his stuff. I could not be more appreciative of his help. Next project on the list is to rip out the foyer flooring next to the stair case and a section in the living room "parlor" and start hauling dirt out from underneath the house. Any volunteers?....Yea, I didn't think so.

I am also undertaking the project of removing all the windows, taking the glass out of the sashes and then replacing them with new glaze. There are 26 some odd windows in the house and each one has approximately 12 panes of glass. *Sigh* - tedious, I know but it will save quite a bit of money, especially considering it would cost $250 per window for a professional to do. [Thanks again to Gable for the lesson on how this is done...and to Ross Cohen for his pep talk and help with gathering supplies.]

I also want to thank Sherman Collins for all his help the past two days.....Thanks Sherman for cutting a hole in the hall closet today...didn't know you'd be working on your lunch break, huh?

Dad, I can never thank you enough for all you do...I'll just keep telling you every day now for the rest of our lives :)

Lisa Bobbitt....Thank you for giving me a place to lay my head during these two weeks. I can only strive to reach your level of generosity!

I should have some more pictures soon. Keep praying!

3 comments:

  1. Hey shug! I adore your new home and what you're doing with it. If I lived near you, I would volunteer to have hand in your restoration, and as a friend. We can learn so much from these old houses. They are so full of history and wonderment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly,

    You are so welcome for everything, remember Jenn and I are always here for you, we love ya, and you are a great friend. Enjoyed meeting Gable and doing a little work with him. Also remember my hand CAN fit a scraper or a shovel. Love Ya Lots say Jenn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!

    Would you have by any chance the emailaddress of Gable Painter? I would like to contect him..

    ReplyDelete